Lesson: The students will find 3 videos, 5 images, and 2 evidence based articles that explain periodontal disease to patients.
Learning Objectives:
1. The student will learn the disease process of periodontal disease
2. The student will understand the concept of the inflammation process and associated bone loss
3. The student will be able to apply clinical skills to aid in creating a periodontal treatment plan
4. The student will be able to discuss with the patient the basics of periodontal disease and be
able to educate the patient.
5. The student will be able to demonstrate proper home care for a periodontal patient using a variety of interdental tools
6. The student will follow through the treatment plan process and analyze and evaluate the outcome
I would choose to use padlet in the dental hygiene program for a few different things. Research papers and evidence based research is a huge part of the program and padlet would be an interesting way to collaborate in groups for projects and resources. Individually it would be a great way to use throughout the program for a creative way to gather, collect, and share board review materials, projects, papers, images, or any other document that the student created within the program. Overall, providing an overview of the students two years of hard work. I would also like to see it used for patient education.
Using padlet, copyright could be incorporated when searing for images, articles, and videos. Using both video (sound and image), written words, and solely images apply to various types of instructional multimedia. When using padlet, I feel that I used several principles for instruction multimedia including but not limited to the redundancy, voice, and temporal contiguity principles when creating my padlet. I probably most intentionally used voice and redundancy due to how I personally learn best, and providing both image and sound/voice to cover the majority of my student’s desires when learning.
I really enjoyed using padlet, as it was my first experience, and I hope to incorporate it in my future lesson plans. My favorite part was being able to customize everything in my own creative way. I wish when linking a document you could choose the picture it uses on our link on you padlet page because some of them were half of the image. It can be challenging using multimedia instruction in the actual dental clinic, especially when you have to be careful with HIPPA laws, but this has changed my way to thinking about using technology in other settings. This is making me grow as a person and instructor in stepping out of my box and trying new things.
Learning Objectives:
1. The student will learn the disease process of periodontal disease
2. The student will understand the concept of the inflammation process and associated bone loss
3. The student will be able to apply clinical skills to aid in creating a periodontal treatment plan
4. The student will be able to discuss with the patient the basics of periodontal disease and be
able to educate the patient.
5. The student will be able to demonstrate proper home care for a periodontal patient using a variety of interdental tools
6. The student will follow through the treatment plan process and analyze and evaluate the outcome
I would choose to use padlet in the dental hygiene program for a few different things. Research papers and evidence based research is a huge part of the program and padlet would be an interesting way to collaborate in groups for projects and resources. Individually it would be a great way to use throughout the program for a creative way to gather, collect, and share board review materials, projects, papers, images, or any other document that the student created within the program. Overall, providing an overview of the students two years of hard work. I would also like to see it used for patient education.
Using padlet, copyright could be incorporated when searing for images, articles, and videos. Using both video (sound and image), written words, and solely images apply to various types of instructional multimedia. When using padlet, I feel that I used several principles for instruction multimedia including but not limited to the redundancy, voice, and temporal contiguity principles when creating my padlet. I probably most intentionally used voice and redundancy due to how I personally learn best, and providing both image and sound/voice to cover the majority of my student’s desires when learning.
I really enjoyed using padlet, as it was my first experience, and I hope to incorporate it in my future lesson plans. My favorite part was being able to customize everything in my own creative way. I wish when linking a document you could choose the picture it uses on our link on you padlet page because some of them were half of the image. It can be challenging using multimedia instruction in the actual dental clinic, especially when you have to be careful with HIPPA laws, but this has changed my way to thinking about using technology in other settings. This is making me grow as a person and instructor in stepping out of my box and trying new things.
I enjoyed reviewing your Padlet, as it is a topic that I don't learn about regularly. I think you did a great job of collecting pertinent information for your audience. I thought the video was funny and relevant. I appreciated that you used principles that applied most to the way that you learn personally, in retrospect, I think I did the same thing. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteHi Jamie,
ReplyDeleteYour topic was so interesting. I learned so much about the importance of water and how dental hygiene is so essential. I believe that we as humans take care of most of our body parts, but fail to put as much attention on your teeth. Great Padlet!
Jamie, I really enjoyed your Padlet. It is very thorough covering many different aspects of dental hygiene that everyone should know. You obviously did a lot of research coming up with some great sources that covered the different licensing that was required for the assignment. I have to say that I have personally used some of those sources.
ReplyDelete