Concept Mapping
Idea:
To have students
create a concept map that they can continue to build on throughout the two-year
program. Utilizing a topic of choice
(dental related). It could also be used to study for board exams amongst other
students.
Learning Objective:
Students will be able to utilize technology to create and
present a concept map on various subjects enhancing student collaboration and
development.
Application:
I believe concept maps can be used for so many different things (which is a benefit). Being that you can use visual images, videos, link to other websites, allows for a variety of options. My map reminds me of the segmenting principle. Each area/subject is a part of the puzzle and you learn, review, and understand each part and when finished all the segments are pulled together.
I believe concept maps can be used for so many different things (which is a benefit). Being that you can use visual images, videos, link to other websites, allows for a variety of options. My map reminds me of the segmenting principle. Each area/subject is a part of the puzzle and you learn, review, and understand each part and when finished all the segments are pulled together.
Reflection:
I like concept mapping, I feel if I was to use it more in my
classroom then I would upgrade to have access to the additional features. Concept mapping makes it feasible for you to
be creative. I suffer from OCD :], and I
didn’t like that I couldn’t put the lines where I wanted to and I couldn’t add
words in the middle of the arrows to the next connection. Hopefully all that
could be fixed with an upgrade.
Overall, I want to incorporate some version of concept mapping
in my classroom. I like how more than
one person can edit the map on a collaborative level. I would suggest students work in groups of 3
or more developing a map on a topic that can be broken down into more details
and topics regarding a dental/systemic relationship.
Jamie-
ReplyDeleteI had similar frustrations when using Coggle (not being able to place the lines). I think the concept map you made turned out great. The information was placed in an easy to follow way, and it offered useful information for the topic. Great job!