Augmented Learning
Idea: Students will create QR codes on put them on their clinical displays so patients or other students can scan the QR codes and link to additional resources and information.
Idea: Students will create QR codes on put them on their clinical displays so patients or other students can scan the QR codes and link to additional resources and information.
Learning Objective: Students
will be able to create QR codes and apply them for patient education
Application:
I would like to connect QR
codes to the segmenting principle in thoughts that the information presented is
short and to the point with a QR code that links to further information. Almost redundancy when the information is
presented and a student scans the QR to access the information again. It will be difficult to implement QR codes in
our dental clinic because students are not allowed to have cells phones due to
patient privacy and HIPPA. That doesn’t
mean we can do an exercise on a day where patients are not seen in clinic. I think the idea of using QR stickers and
applying them throughout the clinic.
Reflection:
I like augmented
learning. Even though QR codes are easy
to create, I find them fun to scan to see where it links you. You see QR codes on everything, in
restaurants, on products, and in schools and it’s a good marketing too as
well. Being fairly easy to create, QR
codes make a nice addition to the dental field by furthering patient education
with the use of technology. Sometimes
patients would rather Google information than ask a professional and lets be
honest, everything on Google isn’t always correct, therefore it is nice for
patients or students to be able to find the solid and researched information
they need. I think I will personally use
these more and require students to use them on projects, papers, and in clinic.
I enjoy QR scanning, because it’s like a
scavenger hunt.
Jamie, I really love the way you created your QR Codes. The subject of the risk our gums are at stake by using tobacco and not practicing good hygiene was very interesting. Also, the way you arrange the platform was very eye catching. I believe that even children would find it fun to scan the QR code to reveal additional information regarding hygiene. You did a great job, Jamie!
ReplyDelete